- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 - 16 ounce cans tomatoes, cut up
- 1 - 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 - ½ cups water
- 6 or 7 pickled jalapeno peppers (I use fresh), rinsed and chopped (1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 - 15½ ounce can kidney beans, drained
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook ground beef, onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic till meat is brown and vegetables are tender; do not drain.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, rinsed and chopped jalapeno peppers, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans and cook for 30 minutes more.
Prepare as above, except use 4 or 5 jalapeno peppers (1/3 cup chopped) and 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Prepare as above, except use 2 of 3 jalapeno peppers (1/4 cup chopped) and 1½ teaspoons cayenne pepper.