If my family loves something, it’s this salsa! I got this recipe from a lady I attend church with. She still makes it best (probably because of the special way she stirs it), but she was gracious to share her recipe with me. This salsa is my most asked for thing to make when having a family gathering.
One huge change I made was the lime juice. I use doTERRA essential oils, and the lime is amazing, so I substituted 1 drop of doTERRA Lime essential oil in place of the lime juice, and it was AMAZING! If you haven’t tried that yet, do it. If you don’t have any lime essential oil, hop on over to my doTERRA site and pick some up. Just click on shop, the type lime into the search bar, and add to cart. Economy shipping is just $3.99!
Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 - 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- Onion, chopped (to taste, I use about 1 onion for this recipe)
- Garlic Clove, minced (to taste, I would probably use 1 or 2 large ones)
- Jalapeno Pepper, chopped (to taste, I would use ½ of one)
- 1 drop doTERRA Lime Essentail Oil (or 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. or so minced Cilantro (optional)
- ½ tsp. or so Salt
- All ingredients can be adjusted to your liking. I make mine, taste it and decide what (if anything) I need to add more of then.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process for a very short time, just long enough for the diced tomatoes to become a bit smaller and all ingredients to become mixed well. Again, use your judgement here as to how long you process. You might like your salsa a bit more chunky than I like mine.